Monday, September 26, 2016

Birthday Greetings to Daughter #3

My 3rd daughter, Lindsey, is such  a nature lover...she will love this birthday card!  In fact, the little dried fern fronds are from a plant she picked out for me to add to my shade garden. They appear to be black in the photo but they're really a nice dark chocolate.


I made this card using a design I saw on someone else's blog...something that was entered in a challenge and I went to check it out. I saved a picture of that card and it has been hanging above my desk in my craft room for over a year. It is my very favorite card! The gal who made it is named Agnes B. If you know her, please tell her Thank You for me!! (Agnes is my mom's name too, so its even a bit more special!)
My list of ingredients follows -
Dies: Gina Marie Designs Lg Prcd Flower, Spellbinders Spiral Blossom 1, Fleur de Lis Acct, Foliage, Elegant Ovals, Cl Scal. Circles Lg, Joy Crafts Vintage Flourishes #32
Stamp: JustRite Birthday Sentiments
Adhesives: ATG tape, Zots, Glue Dots small and medium
Ink: FSJ Coffe Bean
Sequins: FSJ Blue Skies
Cardstock: K&Company Que Sera Sera, Paper Studio Ivory heavywt.

Challenges -
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com - #117 Autumn Colors/Theme
http://www.scrapyland-blog.com - #50 Happy Birthday
http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com - Sketch #289 (I used a circle instead of rectangle)

5 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is GORGEOUS, Sandie. The flowers are amazing and the layout is beautiful. Great job. I always enjoy seeing your sweet cards, and I thank you for sharing at both Word Art Wednesday and CropStop. I'm grateful for your participation, and hope you will join us again soon at both of these challenges.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
CropStop

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

This card is yummy! Love all the die cuts and rolled flowers~Thanks for playing with us at Craft Your Passion!
Carolyn DT

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful and elegant card! I love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Gorgeous !
Thanks for joining us at SCRAPY LAND Challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

ScrappySandie said...

Wow! I am SO honored...Scrapyland chose my card for there 1st prize! I get to have a $15 shopping spree and their wonderful on-line store! WooHoooo! AND TryStampingOnTuesday placed my card in their Top 3! How cool is that!?! SO thankful!