Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine Memories

Valentine's Day is next week already! I usually only make a Valentine's card for my hubby but I came across this old photo of my parents on their wedding day and decided to make a card for my mom. My dad died 25 years ago but I know she still misses him...so do I. It is such a lovely picture! One of my sons, who is 25 years old, looks alot like my dad in this photo. And he is engaged to be married this year. The romance continues!


When I scanned the photo the ivory areas picked up a bit of yellow in certain areas so I found the lacey print cardstock that also has smudges of yellow along the edges...perfect match!
The reason I was looking at old photos was a challenge at Inkspirational which says to CASE anything from Yvonne's blog. Well, I went and looked at her blog and found many I wanted to CASE...I actually got ideas from several...but did settle on one lovely card! (See bleow)


Ingredients
Dies: Spellbinders "Timeless Rectangles", "Labels 15", "Labels 4";
Joy Crafts "Vintage Flourishes #32"
Stamps: ODB "Scripture Series 3", Inkadinkadoo "Love & Friendship"
Cardstock: Lilybeedesign "Smitten" (background), solids are from my stash
Flowers/Leaves: StampingScrapping "Wedding Flowers, cream", Michaels "Paper Flowers, Spring",
Jolee's by You "Olive Branch"
Embellishments: Pizzazz Aplenty "Pearls, Lt Coffee" & "Glitter Rhinestones";
Jane Creative "Silver Filigree Corner" 
Twine: American Crafts "Grey"
Sentiments are computer generated
Photo is a scan of my parents' wedding photo (1945) printed on Cryogen
Lace, doily, and silver heart pendant...from my stash

Challenges
Robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.com - #197 "Valentine's Day Card"
http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com - #137 "Love Me Tender"
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - #118 "Anything Goes"
Inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk - #49 "CASE Inspiration"
     
      Yvonne's card from May 7, 2013

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Happy creating!

13 comments:

Chris Dring said...

OMGee! Sandie, your card is absolutely stunning! Love that you incorporated your parents wedding picture into it! The papers, doilies and flowers are go perfect together! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

sandie said...

This is a great CASE of Yvonne's cards and what a very precious card this will be for your Mum.Thanks for joining us at Ink

Donna said...

Sandie...what a beautiful card. The picture of your parents is gorgeous...what a lovely thought for a Valentine card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Nonni said...

Beautiful vintage creation, Sandie! I especially love the doily and your arrangement of the flowers -stunning. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Marina said...

What a beautiful photo and I love your ethereal treatment with the gorgeous embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Sandie! What an absolutely lovely card you have created! Your mom is sure to love it. I am thrilled that you chose this card of mine to CASE. It is one of my favorites! Hugs, Yvonne

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Sandie! What an absolutely lovely card you have created! Your mom is sure to love it. I am thrilled that you chose this card of mine to CASE. It is one of my favorites! Hugs, Yvonne

Yvonne Garner said...

I almost forgot, thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a beautiful card- loving the tribute to your parents- I love History, and always enjoy older pics. How fun to see a likeness of your son to your Dad as well!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Oh my goodness! I love anything old or vintage (I just purchased a 1909 Singer treadle sewing machine) and the story behind this project brought tears to my eyes! What a sweet and special project! The whole thing is simply gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at SHopping Our Stash this week!
Blessings,
Michelle

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

The photographer in me especially likes Vintage photos like this. I like how you framed the photo & used the doily. I have my Mom & Dad's wedding photo and photo of my hubby's Mother & Father in vintage looking frames.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Karen Letchworth said...

What a super special card, Sandie. This is just delightful and I thank you SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenge this week. It's really something to be treasured.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Jo Ann said...

Oh so pretty and wonderfully elegant in so many ways. Love the sepia color. So grateful you joined our Challenge here at Word Art Wednesday this week. Leaving you with God's Word in Psalm 34:8 which says, "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." Hugs always...

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com