Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Winter Challenge at SOS

This week at Shopping Our Stash we are having a special challenge...a two-week challenge so we can all take a tiny break for Christmas! This is Challenge #82 and it runs from December 18 through December 31. The theme is Winter...but NOT holiday...just anything that makes you think "winter", like snow, mittens, penguins, polar bears, sleds, a fireplace, hot cocoa, snowmen, etc. I went with snow and pine trees.


The ink I used to stamp the tree (Stampin' Up) and the HB sentiment (Stampin' Up ) is Tim Holtz "Evergreen" distress ink. I actually found the exact same color cardstock for the main card, then used kraft, dark brown and white...all from my stash of scraps. The white background is embossed with the Sizzix folder called "Evergreen"... do you see a theme here? The snowflakes are punches I bought on ebay long ago (brand...??). I added Stickles "Star Dust" to the flakes and the tree. The die cut is a Spellbinders, from the "Pendant Fleur de Lis" set.


My pictures don't show all the sparkle very well, but it IS there...lots of it!
Thanks for stopping by today! Please come play along in the SOS "Winter" challenge that lasts all this week AND next!
Merry Christamas to you all!


5 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I so love 'Lovely as a Tree' :) And I love the theme at work! That embossing folder is fabulous :) Merry Christmas!!

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! I love the tree, the embossing, and the snowflakes!!

CarlaKH said...

What a lovely card....the tree and colors are perfect!

Leslie Hanna said...

Classic stamp set! Perfect color choice, too.

Bonnie said...

I can see the sparkle and I love it!