Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Warm Winter Wishes...a Birthday Card!

Yesterday was Christmas and for us (hubby & me) it was a nice relaxed day. We had our family celebration on Saturday, so we had a nice quiet day: church in the morning with the little kids doing a wonderful, exuberant Christmas program (!) and a simple, quick brunch afterwards, then friends came mid-afternoon and we played cards, ate supper together and played more cards. SO relaxing!

On Christmas Eve day, however, I was busy creating a tutorial for a DT I am on. It is the StampingScrapping Techniques and Turtoials website : http://stampingscrappingtutorials.ning.com/ . But it is one that requires a monthly memebership fee (small) and has lots of perks BESIDES many, many great tutorials for paper-crafting, such as discount codes for the www.stampingscrapping.com online store, first chance at sale items, and monthly specials just for members.

So here is a card I made for my sister-in-law's birthday next week.


It is made almost completely with items from the StampingScrapping store. The only things not from there are the pearl drops in the flower center and the tiny roses. Those are from my friend MariLynn in Iowa who made them herself and sent them as a wonderful surprise gift to each member of our former DT.
(Thanks again, MariLynn!)


My list of supplies used:

Spellbinders Card Creator A & B
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die D-Lites “Window Two”
Corner-Rounder from Creative Memories
Sizzix Bigz Die, Tim Holtz “Elegant Flourishes”
Card Creator “Wedding 1” stamp from StampingScrapping
“Sentamints” Stamping Scrapping stamps
“Rose Fleur de Lis” StampingScrapping Spellinders-matching stamps
Memento “Bamboo Leaves” Dye Ink
Stampabilities Pigment Ink “Lime” & Dye Ink “Black”
Colored pencils, various brands
Flatback Pearls, Ivory from Pizzaz Aplenty
Spectrum Noir markers
StampingScrapping “Color Me” flowers
Glue Dots
Redline Wonder Tape & Scor Tape & 3M Adhesive Tape
K.I. Memories metal sticker “Enchanting”
Small handmade roses, leaves & branches- all from my stash

Well, I sure hope you had a blessed, enjoyable day yesterday!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by here. Please leave a little comment to let me know you were here! Then I can visit you too!
  

2 comments:

MariLynn said...

I am so glad that you were able to find a use for the roses I sent you. Your card is gorgeous.

Karen Letchworth said...

I always love to see your sweet cards and projects. This is another gorgeous creation, and I thank you for sharing and inspiring others with your talents.
I hope that you will stop back by Word Art Wednesday again this week and share something with us if you have time. I just LOVE having your fellowship, and look forward to having you visit and play along.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday