Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Shopping Our Stash- Challenge #81

Happy Tuesday, Everyone! Hope you are having a good week! I finally feel more caught up around home and able to concentrate on Christmas preparations. Christmas cards are ready to go in the mail tomorrow and I am headed out Christmas shopping with my oldest daughter, Kate, tomorrow, too!
So for our challenge this week at SOS we are asking for a card or project that has as its main focus a sentiment...no images allowed...just a sentiment and the usual decorations/bling, etc. If you are not sure what I mean by that, go to our blog and look at the DT examples (or you can find them in my sidebar). And here is mine:


Because the sentiment is a Bible verse, I am entering this in the weekly challenge at http://WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com ,too. The verse from James 1 was one the freebies they offered a few months ago. They have a new freebie and challenge every week. And a very talented DT!


List of ingredients used:
Spellbinders dies- "Labels 20" & "Fleur de Lis Squares"
Tim Holtz Sizzix die- "Elegant Flourishes"
Matching stamp- JustRite "Fleur de Lis Labels 20"
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- "Antique Linen" & Distress Stickles, "Spun Sugar"
The pale pink ink is from Joanne
Patterned cardstock- K&Company "Julianne"
Solid cardstock- from my stash (i.e. I don't know! LOL)
Ribbon- recycled from a gift last year
Flowers & leaves- Pizzazz Aplenty, 1" Cherry Blosom &
Mulberry Open Roses
Lg flower is layered and colored using Spectrum Noir markers- from StampingScrapping.com
The one tiny pink rosebud was hand-made by a friend and gifted to me a while back (about 12 of them)...I have been saving them for something special! This is the first one I've used! (Thanks, MariLynn!)
Pearls- 4mm Lt. Coffee & 4mm Chocolate from Pizzazz Aplenty
Leaf branch punch- Martha Stewart "Frond"

Most of my stash is a few years old now, but some of it is really, really old because I glean things from Goodwill, and garage sales  and estate sales...and when we cleaned out my 87-year-old mother's house I took most of her sewing stuff. For example, the tiny yellow dots in the flower center are from a package of craft supplies that looked to be 30+ years old which I found at a local thrift store.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

lauren bergold said...

soooooo very beautiful, i especially LOVE that gorgeous cluster of flowers!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous card, Sandie. I love the sweet colors and the soft touches. The scripture looks so pretty on this card, and I thank you for sharing it with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. You are not required to use scripture in order to play along with us (although we LOVE to see it). We hope you will come by again soon to share your beautiful art with us, as it's such a blessing to us and we LOVE seeing it! Thanks for sharing, and have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Debbie said...

This is just gorgeous!!!! I love all the die cuts, your bow, and the flowers!! They all frame that wonderful verse so well!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOOK at those flowers! The shimmer & shine is just perfect. And I love that bow!

CarlaKH said...

I love this card. I love all the flowers and elements....so pretty and luscious!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - You are one amazing shopper! This card is gorgeous! Love the colors!
Blessings,
Michelle