Friday, November 16, 2012

November Anniversary Card


This anniversary card is for my daughter Emily and son-in-law David. They celebrated their anniversary and Emily's birthday by going out for dinner to one of the fanciest restaurants in the city! Dave likes to do things up right...and pamper his wife whenever he can.

I am entering this one in 2 challenges. The 1st one is http://dutchcardlovers.blogspot.com - a sketch.
 DCL #163


The 2nd one is http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com - the challenge is
"Make your own background"


I have done that several times before so this sounded fun and they gave suggestions for new things to try...so I did! I used watercolor paints; I painted the stamp (oak leaves) with a brush after mixing just the shades I wanted. I repeated the stamp several times...the first one was kinda "blobby" but looked alright when it dried. I then spritzed the papers with Smooch Spritz in an amber color, so it is shimmery.

My list of ingredients used:
Oak tree and leaves stamps are Stampin' Up
TH Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Metalic gold cardstock is a fiber paper from Paper Studio
Other cs, bias tape, gold string, tag and brads are all from my stash.
Thanks for stopping bu today!

5 comments:

rudlis said...

Stunning design and gorgeous background! It's a beautiful colours combination. Thanks for joining us at OCC.

Debbie said...

Wow, Sandie, this is gorgeous!! The BG is amazing!! I love the fall elements!

Lisa Minckler said...

You have captured Autumn so beautifully with your handmade background. I think its just sensational!!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
Lisa xx

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sandie! Love the background, and that tree is perfect :)

Leslie Hanna said...

Beautiful background. I can't believe you accomplished that with the basic watercolor kit you have. Great job!