Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Shopping Our Stash Challenge #71

Hello! Yes, its Tuesday already! Time for the next Shopping Our Stash challenge!
Here are the details:

Challenge #71 "Go Green", either use the color green or RECYCLE something!
You have until 11:59 pm on October 8 to enter your project in this challenge.
With the cooler temps lately I'm starting to mentally prepare for winter...
 so I came up with a snowflake card.


Obviously I didn't use the color green so can you guess what recycled item I used?
In the picture below you can see a couple seals taken from Jif peanutbutter jars.
I used a couple "Fleur de Lis" Spellbinders dies to cut out the pieces of my snowflake & glued it together with Glue Dots (minis).


The medallion stamp is a CDS that I purchased last year and stamped in several colors 'cause I was so excited to get  it...then forgot about it! I found this gray-stamped one while hunting for something else and decided it would go well with the silver snowflake. I did add little "extenders" around the stamp with a tiny stamp from the "Frou Frou" set from StampingScrapping.com. Also added lots of Stickles to the stamped image, then clear rhinestones. The "Merry Christmas" stamp is a Stampabilities.
The background was embossed with a Sizzix folder, "Dots, Circles, & Stars".
All the cardstock is from my stash and/or scrap box.
I hope you can join us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Check out the other DT members' blog for more inspiration...they are all listed in my sidebar.

9 comments:

lauren bergold said...

holy ♥WOW♥! i have to confess that i COULD NOT spot the recycled bits in this gorgeous card, and partly came to see what they were!!! (& of course now i'm EVEN MORE impressed!!!!) soooooooo clever and so lovely! ♥

Jenée said...

This is a stunning card. The colors are gorgeous combined with those lovely dies. A super wintery feel and beautiful Christmas card.

jimlynn said...

STUNNING!!! Beautiful way to do that image and love the recycling!!!
Lynn

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Sandie - Whoa! your are a brilliant lady! That is such a totally cool idea!! Good for you! Beautiful card!!
Blessings,
Michelle

CarlaKH said...

How clever! What a great idea. I love this- so classy!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card!!! I love the snowflake!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love the embossing - that folder is gorgeous! And the snowflake is stunning. I still can't believe it's a peanut butter label! Nuts :)

Carol L said...

What a beautiful card! And to think you recycled a peanut butter seal is amazing! It turned out to be so pretty!

Unknown said...

Whoa, look at you, so creative! Love thinking of recycling a peanut butter seal, that turned out wonderfully well!